Services for Hire

  • Broadcast quality video productions
  • DVD authoring with Adobe Encore
  • Graphic Design
  • Narrating your videos
  • Non-linear editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
  • On-the-field video photography
  • Online distribution of videos
  • Photo editing with Adobe Photoshop
  • Play-by-play commentary for sports
  • Producing shows

Monday, April 27, 2009

New mixed race documentary...I need people!

A week ago, I got my first interview for a new installment in my documentaries reporting on mixed race. People I've hooked up with through my exploration about mixed race have sent me some scholarly articles on the subject to help bring a more academic look into the construct. I'm also looking to expand the demographic from the first show to include more than just female college students. I succeeded so far by interviewing a friend who graduated from college a few years ago and had a lot of stories to tell about her identity.

Normally, I wouldn't recommend interviewing friends or acquaintances because you run the risk of getting into "friend mode" versus "reporter mode" and can unknowingly miss out on that great line or story that sells the program. However, that was not afforded to me a lot in high school, so I adapted by telling people I knew that I would have to talk to them as a reporter and not as a friend as I worked on the story. There are some lines I won't cross for ethical reasons, but I'm comfortable in situations where my friends may have a role in the story I'm telling.

However, I am looking for males or females in the Twin Cities area of any age who identify with two or more races. If you happen to be a college student, that's perfectly fine. Send an e-mail to bustermediagroup@yahoo.com and have your story told.

No comments:

Post a Comment